- Executive summary: The renovation of House No. 24, including the installation of tin sheets on the roof- the project initiative of the Sakya Tibetan Settlement Office Puruwala has been successfully completed within the stipulated time frame mentioned in the project agreement. The project aimed to provide a safe living environment, ensuring protection from weather-related damages and improving the confidence and well-being of the family. This report provides an overview of the project objectives, activities performed, challenges faced, and the achieved outcomes.
- Project Objective: The primary objectives of the project were:
Roof Replacement: Install a new tin sheet roof that is durable and weather resistant.
Structural Repairs: Reinforce and repair structural damage caused by the deteriorated roof. This includes fixing sagging areas, repairing cracks, and ensuring the overall stability of the property.
- Activates performed:
- Setup an internal project committee
- Communicate with contractor and sign agreement for work
- Contractor carry out the constructions works
- Submission of report, pictures, and account statements
- Challenges Faced: Occupant Disruption: Renovations inherently disrupt the normal functioning of a household. Minimizing the inconvenience to the occupants of House No. 24 required meticulous planning and clear communication to manage expectations and ensure a harmonious collaboration between the construction team and the residents.
- Achieved Outcomes: High-quality tin sheets were meticulously installed, offering superior protection against rain, wind, and other environmental factors. The use of durable materials ensures a long-lasting solution that requires minimal maintenance over time. Well plastered kitchen and bedroom wall from outside and repaired boundary wall.
- Conclusion: The renovation and installation project for the tin sheet roof of House No. 24 has been successfully completed, resulting in a structurally enhanced and aesthetically improved roofing system. The achieved outcome encompasses a series of significant improvements that have greatly contributed to the overall functionality, durability, and visual appeal of the house.
Tenzin Namgyal (Mr.)
Settlement officer, Sakya Tibetan Settlement, Puruwala