CTRC ACTIVITY-PROJECT REPORT-2023
- Project/Program Name: Lily False Ceiling Project of the community hall-2023
- Date of Report: 21st December 2023
- Reported By: Dege S.Officer Miss Kunchok Lhamo & Lily Project Management Team
- Reporting Period: 1st Dec 2023 to 15th Dec 2023
- Implementing Partner: CTRC Department of Home
- Activity Name: Lily False Ceiling construction project
- Beneficiaries: Total-250 members (female: 100 & male: 150)
Introduction: The Community Hall roofing project was completed on 25th June 2023 and after the Department of Home visit at the project site with the additional secretary Mr. Tenzin Norbu la, Engineer Mr. Tenpa la, Joint Secretary Miss Tashi Dekyi la and Sponsorship secretary Mr. Yeshi Tenzin la. We requested for additional funds for False ceiling construction as initially the roofing project cost quotation submitted by the previous settlement officer did not include the false ceiling construction.
Aim of the project: The primary objective of this project is to undertake a comprehensive house repair and renovation initiative, focusing on the installation of a tin sheet roof as well as add false ceiling to the interior of the community hall.
Requirement: The addition of the false ceiling in the interior of the community hall will provide fire safety and moisture resistance features. False ceiling controls the acoustics of a room by minimizing or reducing the sound of rain falling on the sheets during monsoon season as well as provide respite from the heat during the summer season. The addition of the false ceiling will provide space for housing electrical wire and pipes.
Issue: The exposed overhead beams needs to be enclosed to create enclosure of and separation between the spaces leading to control of light and sound diffusion as well as fire safety.
Benefits: The false ceiling has many benefits such as for safety purposes as it will provide fire safety as well as other useful benefits. During the summer season the low ceiling with separation between the spaces will provide respite from the hot and humid weather.
Solution: The entire project with the roof installation as well as the addition of the PVC false ceiling will ensure a better and safer structure. The stainless pre painted sheet roof will provide protection from the extreme weather related damages and ensure longevity of the structure for many generations. The false ceiling on the interior consisting of PVC panels will further strengthen the structure and provide various benefits as mentioned above.
- False Ceiling: Polyvinyl chloride PVC panels
- Measurements: 2700 square ft
- Construction procedure:
- 1st step: Base structure of parameter, cross & section.
- 2nd step: Install PVC panels all over.
- 3rd Step: Secure the panels with U-clips on all the corners
- Project awarded to contractor-supplier & labor: Lucky Interiors & Decorators
- Budget of the entire project as below:
|Contractor- Supplier & Labor
|Contingency 5 %
|ENTIRE TOTAL AMOUNT
- Project duration according to the agreement: 1st December till 15th December 2023. 15days of construction work required for the false ceiling project.
Dege settlement office and Lily Tibetan Village would like to express sincere gratitude to the CTA department of home (CTRC) and our sponsors (GAT) German Aid for Tibetans for the additional funding required for this project.
Any Changes from the Original Plan or Requirement:
The project had to be extended due to the additional requirement for false ceiling after completing the Roofing construction. The previous roofing project was proposed under the previous settlement officer-Mr. Atse in 2021. The initial project did not contain the false ceiling requirement. I joined in August 2022.
Participation & Accountability:
- Dege Settlement Officer with Lily project management team consisting of 5 members held 4 initial meetings in the settlement office for thorough discussion of the project and the requirements.
- All the members were involved in the selection process for the contractor & supplier.
- There were few meetings with the contractor/supplier to discuss the project, its requirements, protocols and agreement clauses.
- Lily project management committee was actively involved throughout the construction/installation process.